Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Welcome to Lila, RN!

Hello friends! Some people refer to their occupations and say, "That's not who I am, it's just what I do." I, in fact, feel (and I imagine most nurses, teachers, doctors, etc.) the opposite. I feel that my job as an Emergency Room nurse is very self-defining. Caring for people in a thrilling and unpredictable environment is so right up my alley it's scary.
So I decided to start a new blog, filled with funny (non-HIPPA-violating) stories, medical advice that is in my scope to dish out, and other varieties of what my mother (also an RN) and I call "nurse nerdy," an adjective that describes things that nurses love more than, say, a lay person. For example, the first time I got to pack my first open wound with iodoform gauze instead of watching a doctor do it for the millionth time and how I squealed a tiny squeal and may or may not have even done a little girly clap when I was asked to do it. That's nurse nerdy.
My hope is that in addition to my posts, you readers may bring some questions to the table, which I would then love to answer, or research further and then answer.
The obvious disclaimer is that if you feel like you need to seek medical attention, please do so, and if you are experiencing an emergency, get off your computer and call 911. That out of the way, please enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment